Learn how to prepare for sclerotherapy in Maryland and what you can expect post-procedure.
Sclerotherapy is considered the gold-standard for treatment of spider veins and small varicose veins Maryland. It’s also nonsurgical, requires minimal downtime, and has an exceptionally high rate of success and patient satisfaction.
But in order to achieve the best results and limit any unwanted side effects, it’s important to plan for your treatment.
1. Discontinue use of blood-thinning medication and supplements at least 1 week prior to treatment. Items to avoid include vitamin E, NSAIDS like Motrin and Advil, and aspirin.
For any pain or discomfort leading up to treatment, you may take Tylenol.
2. Wear loose clothing to your sclerotherapy appointment or bring a comfortable top and pair of shorts to change into post-procedure.
3. Purchase a pair of medium-compression stockings (20-30mm Hg) to put on after sclerotherapy Maryland.
It’s important that you select a garment that properly covers and compresses the treatment area. Accordingly, choose stockings that are thigh-high or knee-high and offer good support.
After having a sclerotherapy for spider veins, you will receive several post-care instructions, including:
1. Apply Ace bandages for at least 5 days and wear compression stockings for 1-2 weeks.
2. Forgo rigorous cardio, contact sports, and leg weight training for 10 days. You are permitted do low-intensity activities like walking.
3. Skip hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, warm baths, and sun tanning for at least 2-3 days after having a sclerotherapy Maryland treatment.
If you are interested in treating spider veins and want to know how to prepare for sclerotherapy Maryland, please contact our office today to schedule a comprehensive consultation with one of our highly skilled and talented providers.