Why Do I Have Leg Pain While Sitting | York PADecember 27, 2021
Why You May Need a Laser Vein TreatmentDecember 27, 2021
You’ve got DVT questions in Sykesville MD and we’ve got answers! Check out the article below for all of the answers to your questions about this daunting medical condition.
What is DVT?
DVT stands for Deep Vein Thrombosis and it is a condition where a blood clot develops in a vein that can limit healthy blood flow and lead to swelling and pain.
When these clots occur in the veins found deep within the legs or thighs it is identified as DVT.
Who Is At Risk to Develop DVT?
Many factors may indicate an individual who is at a higher risk of developing DVT including the following:
- A patient who has recently undergone surgery
- A patient who has recently had an injury to the leg
- Those with a personal or family history of DVT or pulmonary embolism
- Cancer patients
- Patients on bed rest or who are paralyzed
- Patients over the age of 65
- Patients suffering from obesity
- Pregnant woman
- Patients on medications such as hormonal birth control, or hormone replacement therapy, among others
- Patients with kidney problems or heart failure
What are the Symptoms of DVT?
Common symptoms include swelling, pain, tenderness, and warmth in the area. Redness is also common.
How are you Diagnosed with DVT?
If you believe you may be experiencing symptoms of DVT it is time to call your local vein specialist.
Your doctor will look at your health history and current symptoms along with a physical examination to determine if you may be experiencing DVT.
The best doctors will walk you through all of your treatment therapy options to relieve your symptoms and prevent reoccurrence.
More DVT Questions Sykesville MD?
At The Vein Center of Maryland, our team of dedicated professionals are passionate about helping our patients achieve optimal vein health.
Please feel free to call The Vein Center of Maryland today for all of your DVT questions or concerns. Simply call (410)970-2314 now to schedule your free consultation.