DVT Guide | Understanding Deep Vein ThrombosisOctober 26, 2022
Best Vascular Surgeons MarylandNovember 7, 2022
Sclerotherapy is the most minimally invasive and effective method of treating spider veins and smaller varicose veins. But many people are wondering what the cost of sclerotherapy in Maryland is. Typically, the cost of sclerotherapy in Maryland is quite affordable. However, its not usually covered by insurance since it can be considered a cosmetic treatment. Let’s look at the factors that influence the cost of sclerotherapy in Maryland.
What is Sclerotherapy?
Sclerotherapy is a treatment that uses an injection to collapse spider veins and small varicose veins. Once the vein is closed, the body reabsorbs it and reroutes the blood supply through healthy veins.
During the treatment, the provider injects a tiny amount of chemical solution into the vein. This solution irritates the veins, causing it swell and scar until it is closed off. This procedure is quick, can be performed in the office and several veins may be treated in the same visit.
There are several factors that impact the cost. For example:
- Local cost of living. Treatment is typically more expensive in areas where the cost of living is higher. However, patient income is normally higher in these areas as well.
- Market fluctuations. The cost of the medication and materials used can fluctuate, making the cost higher or lower at different times.
- The clinic. Some doctors make a larger effort to keep their overhead costs low and pass saving on to their patients.
- Number of veins treated. Naturally, treating more veins will use more medication and taking longer, raising the cost of the treatment.
- Number of treatments. Additionally, if you require more than one session, your overall cost will be higher.
According to studies by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of sclerotherapy is around $413. However, this is only an average cost and may vary greatly depending on the factors listed above.
Consultation for the Cost of Sclerotherapy in Maryland
The price of your sclerotherapy will be more accurately determined during your consultation. This gives the provider a chance to examine you, decide if there are additional tests required, and decide on a plan of treatment. To learn more, please contact The Vein Center of Maryland today.